Monday, February 15, 2010

woohoooooo....?

NOTE: for some weird reason this didn't post last night. *sighh*

So, visited University of Maryland (College Park) today.

uhhh...

usually colleges have one of their twentysomething-year-old recent graduate open the info sessions, so it made me laugh how they had a sixtysomething-year-old man who read off of cards, saying stuff like, "people are our most treasured assets."

& I got to eat Panera broccoli cheddar soup for dinner. OH, THE LOVE!


It's snowing again.
so I wrote a poem.

dear snow, oh my, dear, dear snow!
i really think that you ought to know:
you seriously need to go away
and stay there. yes, that is what i say.
you're adding so greatly to my sorrow...
see, i had a field trip tomorrow,
but then you had to visit again.
oh, this is torture! when will it end?!
now, i'll admit, a week off of school
was great at first, but this is not cool!
i'm sick and tired of staying at home
with nothing to do, and oh-so-alone.
i guess i could forgive you, a bit,
if you'd switch my chem class with brit lit.
can you? please? oh omnipotent one...
then i'd prefer you to even the sun.
write back soon; i await your reply.
meanwhile i'll sit in my bedroom and cry.
send sun my regards; how has he been?
sincerely, your ever-faithful

-Kathryne

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You, my friend, are SUCH a pessimist.

Katie said...

AM NOT!

besides, I'm the one who started this whole mess. I mean, Optimism Initiative.