Friday, February 26, 2010

Snow & Sleep

Last night I was really. really. really tired.
So tired that I went to bed at, like, 9:45. When my alarm went off at 7 this morning, I just groaned... seriously??? Then I noticed something. It was snowing!!!!! Normally snow and I are not exactly BFFs, but today I absolutely loved it! (no school... 12 hours of sleep... YAY!)

Because of these overwhelming feelings, I decided to compose a poem. Again.


i woke up to a white and ethereal glow
leaking in through the shades on my bedroom window
the air in the room was cold in its flow
and i thought to myself, oh, could it be snow?
then i dragged myself up, timid and slow
and quietly walked 'cross the room, and... oh!
it was! and to school i would no longer go!
oh Snow... i was mean, i admit it, i know,
yes, i was, i mistreated you so
but now, darling Snow, my thanks to you i owe!

=)


Kathryne

2 comments:

silentsandy13 said...

clever!

Andee said...

*like*

...grr too used to facebook. lol!
anyways, i really liked this, and i def agree with sandy-very clever!