Sunday, January 24, 2010

Retreat!!! (the good kind)

YAY, awesome, FANTAbulous. yeap.

I want to preface by saying:
PROPS TO KATIE, who did not get involved in any drama, or even have an awareness of it until... well, really very recently. But we had left by that time =P


Things that made me smile:

Olivia: Katie, your hands are warm!
Katie: So are yours!
(Same time, unplanned): We must be going CRAZZYY!!!
(Both): *hysterical laughter*

Miss Gretchen's "that's not appropriate" speech (heard several times... THANK YOU). Including the one I found out about later...

...when she didn't let the guys get away with picking me up when I fell sort-of asleep/sort-of sick in the hallway! THANK YOU TIMES A BILLION!!!
(btw- being 18 does NOT mean you have permission to pick me up.)

Dividing up the tab EXACTLY at lunch on Saturday

Livi's cute face ;)

Colin's awesome backwards-roll-kick-up-thing-a-ma-whatsit

*To the actual conference stuff*

Unsearchable Riches = AWESOME

I ADORE Jenna Lucado. Check out her book, Redefining Beautiful.

The feeling of... not feeling guilty for not standing up every single chance I got. Being okay with who I am. Having friends who are okay with who I am. Having a God who's not only OKAY with who I am, but made me that way on purpose.

Oscar Wilde Quote of the Day:
"The bravest man among us is afraid of himself."

Kathryne

4 comments:

Christine said...

...sounds like y'all had a great time!

I'm real jealous here. =P

Andee said...

LOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVE!!!!!!!!!

(which one tried to pick you up??????? i think i kno....)

Katie said...

Christine~ you're coming next year!

Andee~ hah. not one. TWO.

Christine said...

Nope, sorry...unless you fly to the Bahamas to come pick me up =)