Tuesday, January 19, 2010

random!!

Lots of random smiley things today.

Since I was not exactly thrilled at the prospect of spending 2.5 hours on math homework I'd already worked on for 1.5 (and my CD player is broken), I had to find something to make it fun... so I wore my new shoes. Bright colors make me happy =P

Then I found random things on the internet that made me laugh, such as:

"I tried being normal once... worst five minutes of my life."
(^^ SO TRUE!!!)


hehe =)

AND, AND AND!
I am officially beginning "Katie's Book of Commonplaces" today.
What on earth is a "commonplace," you may ask.
Basically, it's a quote. When you boil it down, that's all it really is.
So I'm going to keep it by my side as I read The Picture of Dorian Gray. by Oscar Wilde. Because that book is amazing and the most quotable product of media after The Princess Bride.
Except it's a WHOLE lot more depressing (it's like Russian lit for English speakers!)
but it's still fun.
I have at least 3 things underlined every two pages.

AND, AND AND!
This weekend I officially began "Katie's Book of Awesome People," which has been in the making for a very, very long time.
This chick is seriously losing it, I'll bet you're thinking.
But no, no, listen!
It's great.
I know that in my life there are people that just make me go "OOH! I just want to ADOPT that person as my new [grandmother/grandfather/mother/father/sister/brother/pet parakeet]!!"
So this is where I write them down, write WHY they're in there, and I have to think about it. And then at the end I give each of them a word, that is just their word.
As of now, I have the title page, the introduction, the dedication, and two entries. Aren't you proud of me?

One thing about today that is not making me smile, at all... I still have an hour to work on math, and I just wasted forever on Chemistry (bleeechhh) and Facebook. hah. Only about 15 minutes of forever were on Facebook.

OH! And I also ate Greater's ice cream!!
Black Raspberry Chip, doncha know.

Kathryne

1 comment:

Christine said...

I love that you have a book of people! That is soo Katie!