Thursday, January 28, 2010

Hilariously Depressing

First (and this has nothing to do with the title), I just wanted to say that I love chocolate.
So today I packed two (very large) brownies in my lunch. As I'm eating the second, larger one, my Lit teacher says, "How do you have such nice skin?! That thing is as big as your head!!"

that made me laugh.

It was only about 3.5 inches squared... =P

ALSO.

Grading papers.

There was a map.

(groan)

So, who here can tell me where the Atlantic Ocean is? Anybody??
Yeah, well, 60% of these 7- 9th grade classically trained students got that question wrong. There were three areas on the map numbered and labeled as "water," and they had to tell the name.

The answer for one of them was "the Atlantic Ocean."

Now, the Atlantic Ocean, today, was:
[blank]
"The North Sea"
"The English Channel"
"The Pacific"
"The Mediterranean"
(and my favorite)
"The Ottoman"

(*GAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH*)
but it did make me laugh/cry/laugh harder.


Oscar Wilde Quote of the Day:
"The reason we all like to think so well of others is that we are all afraid for ourselves. The basis of optimism is sheer terror."

Kathryne

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I love you!!!!!!!!! That's so funny!!!!

Katie said...

you couldn't possibly love me. we lost at chess! *sniff sniff--bawwwlll*

=P
you think it's funny; YOU should grade them!

Mark said...

That's only because Colin and myself tended to go for the throat. It really wasn't your fault. We should play chess(or three way chess) sometime.(David came up with it). David also has four player chess.

Christine said...

Four player chess? Sounds intense.

Anonymous said...

Wait.. What does this have to do with chess?