Saturday, November 13, 2010

ouch

The Good: gorgeous day today. I mean, REALLY BEAUTIFUL. Like, high 50s-low 60s.

The Bad: I took Tag out today... I was on my bike and he was trotting leashless alongside me. Then, from behind one of the houses, there comes a 7 or 8 year old boy holding his dog by the collar. Now, I am sure the dog weighs more than he does, and it looks sort of like a cross between
and
...but bigger. As Tag saunters up to this dog, tail wagging as always, I get off my bike and tell the boy, "don't worry, he's friendly." Just as the boy starts to say, "oh, so is he," this dog snarls and lunges at Tag. I don't remember how, but I got Tag away.
However, I was pretty well-caught in the crossfire myself. Let's just say that my thumb really hurts and has lost some blood.
Then I give up on the walk, bring Tag home, and wash/sanitize/bandage my thumb.

The Random: THEN I went on a 5.5 mile bike trip to school to get my Physics textbook! ...yyayy... and sorta blacked out halfway home. But I didn't pass out! I kept going! Huzzah!
I believe I shall consult not only the distance but also the severity of hills before I undertake any such trips in the future.


Kathryne

PS- is my blacking out a sign of not being in shape or of not having enough food/water in my system or of it being a stupid idea for me to do any strenuous physical activity at all?

3 comments:

Christine said...

awww. poor katie.

Anonymous said...

wow, im glad you didn't fall over, that would be really bad, additionally. from my personal experiences with unplanned spur of the moment epic long bike rides lack of food in your body can make you dizzy, shaky, sorta cold, and and give you the persona of a rugged Antarctic explorer. quite exhilarating really.

Katie said...

haha... yeah, last time I fell off my bike I broke my wrist. not fun.
I will make sure to eat more next time.