Monday, November 15, 2010

goals! yes!

The Good: Just realized that I have officially met my goal of 375 total posts by 2011! haha! goal, I have beat you, and I will beat you again approximately 46 more times >:)

The Bad: I am behind in my college self-set deadlines :/ Such weird short answers take me FOREVER. Two that I have been stuck on for more than 2 weeks:
  • As a part of 2010 Wake Forest orientation, the freshman class examined The Andes of Ecuador, a painting by Frederic Church. Next year what work of visual or performing art should the incoming class analyze? Why?
  • What idea most challenges you?

The Random: I am so excited for Friday. May it never be said that Lady Kathryne passed on an opportunity to play dress up. (read: Thanksgiving lunch for US History :D)
...anddd there are other things in the works for Friday, but I have mixed feelings about that, so we shall be avoidant and not talk about it..

Kathryne

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

arnold bierstadt? his paintings are good and there's lots to know about with his work, if your still looking for a painting that is.

Katie said...

I definitely am still looking! The thing is that it could be a painting... a piece of music... a ballet... anything. there's so much to choose from. and I could probably find a reason for just about any of it.

...wow. I don't think I'd ever looked at his paintings before... they're really, really neat. I may have to use one. If, that is, I decide not to go with some obscure opera or ballet variation... sigh!