Friday, November 26, 2010

cousins :P

"People love my face!"
-Sam

This year, I finally got to sit at the "big-kid" table for the family Thanksgiving.

Explanation:
There are 9 cousins. In age order, the lineup looks like...
Kristen - Annie - Sam - Emily - KATIE - John - Lindy - Carrie - Nate
See? I'm exactly in the middle.
We had three tables: 4 "little" kids, 4 "big" kids, and 8 adults.
Usually I default to "little kid" and stick an extra chair in, but this year Carrie was away in Michigan. Therefore... I sat with Nate (college junior, pre-med), Lindy, and John (college freshmen, both undecided I think).

  • Kristen is my sister. 8th grade. It's funny to see how embarrassed she gets at my parents.
  • Annie is a high school freshman. She's HILARIOUS at "Guesstures." Her "hen" pantomime was the best.
  • Sam is a sophomore. He wins quote-of-the-night. Also, funny to watch how attention-craving he was in all the home videos.
  • Emily is a junior. She's more normal than anybody else.
  • I'm... me. Senior. Only "academic" person in the immediate family NOT really interested in science/math. The universe and Mrs. Bond are conspiring against me to make me an engineer! I refuse!!
  • John is the one I haven't seen in ages. He didn't come to the big family vacation because he can't fly. But neither can my mom, so it's okay.
  • Lindy is the extravert... "I go to the gym and don't ever work out. I just talk to people! I need people." She and Annie are funny together.
  • Carrie, as I said, was the absentee. She is junior. She has changed majors a zillion times... I think it was French last, but now she wants to get into culinary studies. I think that might be me.
  • Nate is the pre-med, super-soccer-player, typical-oldest-child-slash-cousin. Overachiever. And tall.
Thus, my family.

I Learned...
I could maybe spend two years of college in SCOTLAND at St. Andrews! :D ...and that tuition would be cheaper in that (joint) degree than if I just did William & Mary by itself. This is assuming I am one of the 5 to get in for my program... probably English. They only offer it in Economics, English, International Relations, and History.

Kathryne

No comments: