Monday, August 8, 2011

"YOU'RE SO WEIRD."

they spontaneously switched me to the Pre-K class this afternoon. And then they switched me back. I was sad. (that they switched me back)

And I had a recording session with other-school-Megan, which was amazing, and AAAHHHH, and gorgeous sounds coming from there, and AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH. And then we had a future-choir-leadership meeting at Panera, which I was actually prepared for, and we finished early, and then we just hung out, and I love these people so much <3

Best moment of the evening:
Aaron crashes all our plans. Surprise. haha. On the way from NCPC to Panera, Aaron is driving in his family's minivan in front of Megan's car (holding herself, me, other-Megan, and Doug). It would appear from his driving that he is slightly intoxicated, or else a little more than slightly. We think he is doing it on purpose. When we get to the stopsign leading off of the church road, Megan sticks her head out of the window and yells,
"YOU'RE SO WEIRD."
At this point the little old lady in rubber gloves picking up trash on the side of the road looks at Megan, stricken. Her face contorted just a little bit. As the rest of the car sits in stunned silence, Megan practically collapses.
"NO, no, not you!!"
Immediately accompanied by a cheesy grin and thumbs-up.
The lady does not appear comforted at all.
At the thumbs up, the shock wears off of the rest of us and we just lose it. Doug is laughing so hard he's sweating (and his eye is twitching). Other-Megan is pretty much shrieking. I am laughing so hard I can't breathe with anything other than belabored gasps about once every 20 seconds.
I have never seen anyone turn out of a quiet church road onto a main-er road with a blind spot caused by the mass of trees obstructing the line of vision as eagerly as Megan, tonight. Just saying.

Kathryne


PS hand-carved mahogany peanut butter dispensers :)

No comments: