Monday, August 29, 2011

One Night with the Sopranos

Had my first chorale practice today.
What. an. experience. SO CRAZY AMAZING. The other people there know what they are doing, and half of them have perfect pitch. Not I, said the Kat(ie). It's really an incredible thing to lend your very small voice to something so big and perfect.

That said, my voice is too small for the soprano section. High Gs are a regular occurrence for them, and a stretch for my vocal chords. So I transfered. The alto section is little(r than soprano) anyway. I think I will fit in there.

Also, as of now, I know of 3 other Katies on my floor. I have met 4 OTHER Katies in my classes/meetings etc, and this is not counting Katherines or Kathleens or Kaitlyns. There are way too many Katies. Sometimes I am afraid I will lose myself in the mix of them all...

Kathryne (to you!)

No comments: