Tuesday, August 23, 2011

first day of classes

Free bagels this morning! Who doesn't LOVE free food? (if you answer "me" to that question, you are not and never have been in college.)

then I had Philosophy.
My teacher has requested us to call him either "Josh" or "Mr. T." (does this give you a mental picture of this class?)
He adresses us in our class emails as "Hobbits." (picture getting clearer?)
He wore a wrinkly untucked button-down, jeans, and sneakers with hot pink laces to class today. (If you can't see it by now... that's sad.)
He said that next week we will discuss the existence of God.
I think I may not be on his happy list, if he has such a thing.

then there was lunch. not free. :(
I am not a vegetarian, but I have been eating like one. it's rabbit food, all day long. none of the meat looks appetizing, so I eat spinach salads with loads of sunflower seeds and raisins. usually accompanied by apples with peanut butter and pita bread with hummus. yay protein!!

Russian was great.
my professor taught the first twenty minutes IN Russian. I didn't understand much. we watched Russian Sesame Street :)

then we had Opening Mass. it was cool. but there were soooooo many people (the whole school + faculty + staff)

now I have my first night of homework! yay!

Kathryne

No comments: