Sunday, August 21, 2011

Frosh-O part 3

We attacked Fisher with water balloons. It was quite nice. And serves them right, yelling in my window at 2am!

and a lot of other stuff happened, including a game of Ultimate Frisbee which was very fail on my part, but one of the other girls on my team and I were talking and I discovered we have similar amounts of athletic aptitude (that is to say, none at all when it comes to objects hurtling at one's head through the air, but we both like to swing dance!)
and I had Chorale auditions. I was classified as a soprano, which was surprising... I am a solid mezzo. G-G, two octaves... could go either way, but I suppose they like my head voice? sight reading didn't really happen though. I'll find out on Tuesday.
and we played three-legged capture the flag with Siegfried Hall. that was interesting. running around for 30+ minutes with my ankle tied to a guy's and hanging onto his waist for dear life is not always my first idea of fun. but I met a cool kid named Pat, and we talked about a lot of stuff. eventually the topic turned to religion and philosophy... he is a skeptic. the statements he made sounded like they came right out of my Apologetics textbook, but of course I couldn't remember any of the "correct" responses. so we just talked. it's kind of neat to be able to discuss these things on an intellectual, logical basis while still taking the role of faith into account in that logic.

also, heard from a few people back home.

Kathryne

PS- I am intentionally omitting references to my family leaving. still unsure about my feelings there.

No comments: