Sunday, May 15, 2011

best weekend of my life, I'm pretty sure

...with the possible exception of Costume Swing/Barn Dance/PA Mime Performance of last October.

Christine came home.
I read a lot.
I did not do any homework.
I cleaned my room.
I went to an epic nonprom.
I did not fail completely at bowling... solid average of 7 pins/turn.
I woke up almost on time for church.
Christine was at church.
I again did no homework.
It's raining really hard.
I am really enjoying this senioritis thing.

...eeeexcept for the constant looming of final projects due in ten days which I really don't care to get started on but we have like nothing due all week so why should I do anything at all? I am not letting myself read any more Harry Potter books until I am finished with school. Or... OOH... until I get a job. Psh. That could take me like three months, and then I'll be in college and have no time anyway. Good one. We'll see. I am thinking about a lot, good and bad, and this weekend has been insane. Or has driven me insane. I am babbling like an idiot who knows she's babbling but doesn't really desire to stop because her fingers are moving at a solid fifty miles an hour and it would take more effort to stop them than to allow them to continue (HAHA! Inertia! that's some Physics law, right? ...I'm taking that class, I should know it. I'll bet you fifty cents it's Newton's somethingorother law, but beyond that I don't know. First, second, or third?). There is a lot to consider about my future... about my friends' futures... (not that either of the preceding are within my hands at all)... about my values and my principles... speaking of which, I need to learn something about Catholicism and football, both of which are contrary to my current system of belief, if I am actually going to Notre Dame next year... about next weekend... about next week... about why I am feeling the way I am feeling and how to make it stop... like that guy who rode a roller coaster for 24 hours straight then slept for six days. But that's an inverse. I am not supposed to work one day and rest the other six. Six days you labor and do all your work and the other one you rest. I just want to give my brain a sleeping pill for goodness sake. I am going to bed now, drugs or no drugs...

Kathryne

No comments: