Sunday, April 3, 2011

I'm a failure, but that's okay!

I'm posting early today because I have had enough smiles to last me all day.

-Washing my hair only took 10 minutes today, as opposed to 20, thanks to it being shorter! However, I now feel like less of a hippie and don't know if I will be able to pull off my hippie skirts so well. I realized today that if you have curly hair much below your shoulders, it is pretty much impossible for it to be down and look professional or sophisticated or anything but hippie. Unless, of course, you are Christine Daae, but then you just don't count.
-Neither Kristina nor Blake really got mad at me for my haircut... Kristina said, "It's long enough that I'm still smiling... barely." and Blake said, "I know, isn't it terrible?" But I think they secretly like it. It isn't triangular or past my chin!
-I got to meet with Rachel and Megan and Marina at Panera... and it was wonderful. We just talked about where we are in our walk with God and in our personal growth this year, and how we can pray for each other, and where we can be conscious of potential pitfalls. It was officially agreed that I am now "bossy." The way Rachel said it made it a little less unflattering, but I think it is an unflattering trait and ought to be expressed as such :P [this is all to say: when I start taking over, feel free to slap me on the back of the hand. or head. just don't mess up my hair.] We also talked about struggling with control issues and needing to be perfect all the time, hence the title of this post. It was very encouraging time. 
-...And then we went to Payless and talked about shoes and Europe, which are always fun topics of discussion.
-Daddy gets home from his Emmaus walk tonight! :D

Kathryne

No comments: