Saturday, March 19, 2011

You know what?

I am finding more and more how much stuff I have to be thankful for. It's kind of incredible, really.
  • In the realization that I might have to get a 40-hour-a-week job over the summer... how crazy is it that I have not had to work a "real" job during the school year through all of high school?
  • In missing Christine... how beautiful of a thing is it that I can even talk to her on email, let alone (soon!) phone and video chat? And how awesome that I have friends like her, who I actually like well enough to miss (I'm talking to you, Megan and Rachel...) when we're away for just a few months?
  • In driving to a remote (and smelly) branch of the library to get materials for my thesis... how amazing is it that I have never once crashed or hit anybody while driving? And how great is it that my branch of the library does not smell like cows and gasoline?
  • In reading one of my thesis books and finding lots of quotes by Marcel Marceau and actually knowing who he is and wondering why he is in a book about animation... how blessed have I been to get to be involved in such an amazingly artsy and colorful and non-cookie-cutter church, with all its activities? And how wonderful is it that I can still become close to people in those activities and work my way into their "circles" even if I don't really participate myself?
  • In actually working on my thesis... how cool is it that I get to do this before I even know where I'm going to college? And really, I know I talk about it a lot. But I've decided I shan't anymore. It's just another five-page paper every week, pretty much, that I have similar motivation to complete as any other paper. Which means I don't always want to do it, but so what? I don't need to gripe about it. Please slap me on the back of the hand with a ruler if I complain from now on. 'Kay?
I'm done now. Not really. But I have to go to bed. I'm really excited about that. I like sleeping :)

Kathryne

No comments: