Wednesday, March 23, 2011

weirdest day EVER

- Apparently it was senior skip day but nobody informed me. So I had 4 study periods today. That's 2/3 of my day.
- Went on a treasure hunt in my basement for mom's Till We Have Faces. After digging through all of our old boxes, we never found it, but we DID find some other awesome things... including a bunch of my mom's literature essays from high school... I know what I'm going to be reading tomorrow :)
- ...and OHMYGOODNESS...! Antique books make me happy. Found some GREAT old volumes of fairy tales by the Brothers Grimm and Hans Christian Anderson in the mess of the boxes. With gorgeous pen & ink and watercolor illustrations. I am, like, in love.

Also... it's interesting. Interesting how, when it storms, the sky stays brighter long after sunset. It's like the light particles are trapped up in the clouds and reflecting back to Earth, and so even though the rain might be inherently dreary, there's something beautiful about it. And whenever the wind blows, you know it's not only blowing you and your hair around... it's blowing the clouds away, and after a strong gust of wind you can be assured that it's only moving you closer to the warmth of the sun.

Also interesting how much I am loving 1 Peter right now. Had never read it with a pen before, and now I'm underlining pretty much the whole thing to the point of uselessness.

Kathryne

No comments: