Friday, March 4, 2011

blind seams

Did not realize until these past few days just how important my vision is to me. Had I lived pre-glasses, I would be pretty much... in a bad spot, let's just say.

However, I did begin the top for my Sock Hop dress tonight (YES I KNOW IT'S TOMORROW) and although I was very nervous (never actually made a top that fit well/looked good without a pattern before)... IT WORKED. and the hem I did is nice and even and straight, even though I could not see what I was doing. Maybe I should always sew without glasses/contacts. I hate hemming.

Kathryne

PS- HAHAHAHAHAHA just remembered, FUNNIEST thing all day... while setting up for the Sock Hop, Rachel's little brother Zach goes, "I like Katie best. She's not a perfectionist like you all!" (speaking of Rachel and Megan.)
I am in tears. Rachel is on the floor. Mrs C goes, "Zach, Katie is the worst of the bunch."
And I say, "Well... not everything has to be perfect. But if I deem it must be perfect, it must be VERY perfect."
Mrs C: "The world according to Katie."

PPS- this is not very optimistic, but... in March 2010, there were 9 functioning & active Optimism Initiatives. By mid-April, there were 11. Now? poor, lonely me... okay, and occasionally Colin, and about every three months David. BUT STILL. Did I really initiate a (dare I say it) fad? And did it (oh, it hurts) die?! And if it's dead, why am I still doing it two years later? Because, yes, Wednesday is Ash Wednesday and the internet goes off again (aside from email, and I CAN still do remote-posting through it!)
I think it is going to be hard this year. Last year I just got 20-45 emails/day from various people, but I don't think it will be quite that intense this time around (see: Christine in small-internet land). So I will actually, like, have to find other things to do with myself that do not involve the computer and obsessively clicking the "Get Mail" button. Fascinating. Also, last year I was on chat quite a lot, and this year I have effectively grounded myself from chat after the 5pm on weeknights, which is the time when I am most likely to be looking for distraction.
I think I need to go to bed. Yay ramblings...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol. i don't think I've ever chatted with you before 5. AND, does my blog not count???

Katie said...

Monday-Thursday, after 5 and before I've finished my homework, we've chatted?
and I did not think your blog was an Optimism Initiative? I thought it was just... a blog :P