Sunday, May 23, 2010

Ambition!

Yay!

So, Thursday, my Headmaster approached me about the "End of the Year Celebration" (read: Awards Ceremony). Since our little choir was so fabulous on Monday, he wants us to do do two songs at the end of the year thing. New songs. 2.5 weeks to prepare.

I'm like, okay, cool. Good songs. What Wondrous Love is This (amazing a cappella) and The Precious Blood (Sovereign Grace).
Unfortunately... well... I am the only one who halfway plays piano. So, I have to alltheway play piano. And while I don't need to worry about the a cappella beauty of WWLiT, The Precious Blood has a HARD piano part. Okay, it isn't that bad. But it's hard for a girl who only reads music for singing (so, can sight read the treble clef) and only took one year of lessons. And it's hard to play while singing.

I considered just using the chords and making up something half-decent like I usually do.
BUT.
I worked on it.
And worked.
And worked.
In fact, that's what I've been doing with all my free time.
And I think I have it!

And, yes, pride is a bad thing, but I am glad I stuck it out. It isn't great, but it's better than the cheat way :P


Kathryne

PS- Happy Birthday, Daddy!

No comments: