Wednesday, June 1, 2011

"I'm so confuuused!"

Don't tell my mom, but scrubbing tile grout and washing the dishes and rearranging my bookshelf could be slightly refreshing brainless activity after school lets out.

Of course, that mindset has not completely left... my current pet-project is researching Howard Kelly, one of the best scientists and doctors of the late 19th century/early 20th century, and a strong, Bible-believing Christian. His biography is fascinating. He lived in my county for a while... built the Liriodendron Mansion (which is gorgeous) for his wife, the daughter of a Prussian colleague. This is after, of course, he started as one of the four founding members of Johns Hopkins, and lived as a cowboy, and all :)
And then my grandparents came, and we were talking, and all of a sudden it gets quiet and my dad goes, "Are you graduating from high school or seminary?" And Kristen says, "huh?! What?! I'm so confuuuused!" ...and then we all start laughing.

Kathryne

No comments: