Thursday, January 13, 2011

new things

Today, I stepped out of my comfort zone.

I showed up for a government exam unprepared.
I wrote a speech to give at my school event tonight... in the 45 minutes before I had to be there.
I showed up to run through The Precious Blood with Doug, who was to accompany the Girls' Ensemble for the first time on that song, and since school was cancelled yesterday we couldn't practice then.
Doug forgot the music (my only copy), so I played it from memory. If you could call what I did playing. I think that's an insult to the piano.
I stood up and gave a speech I had never practiced and only had a detailed outline for.
I started crying in the middle of it.**
I completely deviated from what I wanted to say (read: skipped the last half because I was crying.)
And then I hugged people :P

Kathryne


*turns out he postponed the test.
**I allow myself allowance for 2 cries a year. Preferably not in public. NEVER in front of 200 people. But Mr V is leaving in March and I will miss him. And I was stupid enough to put the part about him in the middle and not at the end.

No comments: