Sunday, August 22, 2010

Three Days

Dear. Me.

8.20.10
I had a pretty fabulous night if I do say so myself. There were a gajillion people at swing dance, so… Christine! I danced enough for BOTH of us! :D
...and, I resisted the aerials! :P

Then Megan slept over, and even though we had to get up at 4 we didn’t turn the lights out until 12:15ish.

8.21.10
On vacation with my sister. (and my mom and dad and Megan, but they don’t cause quite as much uproar and/or entertainment)

Yeah, so, we left the house at 5! AM! Yay!

Then I slept for a long time. Then we stopped at some rest place in North Carolina, and I saw Brooke! It was absolutely crazy. We were going into Starbucks and she was coming out :P

Aaaaand I finished my section of the History of the American People monstrosity! At, like, 3pm. Because they had a book on tape going and I could not pay attention to the book. Because, while the book on tape was not terribly terribly engaging (it’s Lynn Austin, and I don’t care for her writing so much), it was more so than aHotAP.

The best part of the day, however, was Cookout. It is an amazing, drive-through restaurant. But you don’t go there for the food; ohhh no. For the same price as my ridiculously loaded-with-ice 12 oz lemonade at Starbucks, you get a 20 oz, super-filling, absolutely amazing “fancy milkshake” in one of about 40 flavors.

I got strawberry cheesecake :)
(which, by the way, was voted best-choice-in-car).

Now we’re here. And by here I mean a place at the beach in South Carolina. And by South Carolina I mean that muggy-hot, prone-to-tropical-storms, wonderfully-pretty place on the east coast of the United States. It’s great.

8.22.10
Watched Princess Bride. First question Kristen asks was when she saw Inigo. She asked, "What is his name?" (lol)

GOT INTERNET FINALLY! Short term, but it made me feel better to clean out the inbox :)


Kathryne

No comments: