Sunday, August 1, 2010

music makes me happy :)

Lots of great things today.

This morning I played piano for Megan's chorus at her church. We did The Precious Blood. I was happy, because I learned that piece for school. It was the one that convinced me that learning to read music might actually be a good thing and chords are not always the answer.
And even though I goofed a few times and the girls made it suuuuper slow, it still was received very well.

Then there was the CYMA leaders' debrief, but that is unrelated.

THEN I went into one of the upstairs rooms at church and continued teaching myself Eet. Before you ask-
  • yes it is Regina Spektor,
  • no it is not easy,
  • yes it is in C# major,
  • no I do not like to abandon a project once started, and
  • yes I do rue the day I decided to start it.
It wants me to stretch the fingers on one hand more than an octave! I have little hands, okay?!

Then there was practice for the evening service at church. My church. hehe. And, before you ask-
  • yes it was fun,
  • no I did not know more than 4 of the songs,
  • yes I can fake it pretty well,
  • no I could not hear myself,
  • yes Mr Phil is one of my new favorite people,
  • and no I do not mind if people know that. OKAY?! :P
I like those people.

Now I am at home listening to more music and wishing that I had had more initiative when I was younger and had time to learn all these cool instruments... it seems as I get older there is hardly anything to learn for which I have both opportunity and drive. So I must amend that, somehow. I can cut stuff out. Like sleep.

Kathryne

PS- give way to the coral >:)

No comments: