Sunday, June 20, 2010

many yays :)

Well. I suppose I could go through my week and talk about things that made me smile each day, but I am far too impatient for that.

Basically:
my grandparents took Kristen & me (& Oscar) on a cruise to Bermuda.
It was gorgeous.

I read Jane Eyre and I totally called 2/4 plot twists.
I read The Bride Collector and there is no calling Ted Dekker.
I am reading The Silmarillion and it is beyond words.
I am then going to read something by John Grisham and then Portrait of a Lady.
I love summer.
My goal is to read two "classics" (aka good literature written before 1950 with 250+ pages) every 3 weeks. Not including my candy reads (see: Ted Dekker, John Grisham, Tim Downs, etc). Sound reasonable? That would mean I'd get nearly 10 really good books in, this summer. LOVE! (unfortunately, this would include 5 assigned reads like Narrative of the Life of Fredrick Douglass... SIGH!)

Quote of the day:
Kristen: I had this dream about the mimes last night...
Katie: WOAH, me too; how weird.
Kristen: We must be telepathetic!!!*

*pun intended


Kathryne


PS- I am getting a laptop! Oh joy, joy, joy!!! It's a Powerbook G4... the predecessor to the MacBook Pro.

4 comments:

Andee said...

2/4? I think you mean 1/2.
Good luck on your books! Sounds like a reasonable challenge. One that, if I were to be here for the whole rest of the summer, I might try. But, I will be in Colombia, where I will not have access to a library, and I have no time to visit one today, and probably not before we leave. *sigh*
You guys are ODD. lol.
YAY! lucky duck. haha

Katie said...

no, I got 2 out of the 4. it sounds more impressive than 1/2.

when are you leaving for Columbia?

that we are :P

Erin said...

I read Jane Eyre on our trip to!

Andee said...

so sorry i just saw this. still need to get caught up.

we are leaving for Colombia tomorrow! sooo excited. we're flying out of Dulles on a colombian airline, so its a 5 hour flight to the capital city. we then have an overnight layover, and then a 45 min. flight to manizales, which is wear daniela lives. :D
sooo psyched!!