Friday, December 17, 2010

week in a small school

This week I have been reminded over and over again the wonderful things about a small school... mine, in particular. Let me walk you through my week...
  • Monday, forgot it was picture day. So my Literature teacher traded shirts with me... yes, she wore my red uniform polo and I wore her white oxford that was perfectly matched to the chapel uniform I was supposed to have worn. How many teachers will willingly wear their student's ugly uniform shirts? Not many, at all.
  • Tuesday, was tired and slept through Math and Physics. Because I am in a single-person math class... no make up work, at all! wheeee! :)
  • Wednesday, my Latin class got to bring in blankets and mugs for tea... and we drank tea and played Scrabble. Including the teacher, there are 6 of us, so it was perfect. Now we are making it a pre-test tradition.
  • Thursday, we got out of school two hours early. I couldn't go home until 3 anyways, so for an hour and a half I just hung out with my Headmaster and wrote a blog post on my laptop.
  • Today, I got almost every girl in the school... and every female teacher but one part-time-r... to wear pigtails for PIGTAIL DAY! I love pigtail day. It's the Friday before Christmas break, traditionally.
  • All week, my Girls' Ensemble (which Megan & I get to lead/direct/organize, because of the whole small-school-small-music-program thing) has been doing impromptu rehearsals during lunch and then eating our lunches during 4th period.
Yep. Wouldn't trade it. Concert Monday. I feel sick. But not head-cold sick... more the kind that I can fake/sing my way through; I just feel tired.

I'm actually pretty exhausted...
Feeling weary, and the worst part is that I'm doing it to myself. Physically and spiritually, which is worse.



Kathryne

No comments: