Sunday, December 12, 2010

So many reasons to celebrate!

  • Four-hundredth post, right here!
  • "Hundredth" is an awesome word to spell.
  • Shopping with Kristina and Kristen... spending hours in thrift stores... Oh, Shabby Button, how I <3 thee.
  • Swing dance at Lancaster! My first time! Actually, my first time dancing anywhere but church's swing... literally... unless you count my house when nobody but Kristen and I are home ;)
  • Fell half-asleep on the way home, to the sound of squeaky windshield wipers and David saying something about lizards to which Kristina replied with something about crickets... David says I was asleep and dreaming, but I'm pretty sure I'm right.

I Learned...
A lot about following. Like, up until now I knew the cues and then what I was supposed to do next after that cue, but tonight I was dancing with a whole new crowd. Usually I dance with the same 4 people all the time. I know the moves they know. Mostly. But I certainly don't know any more. And tonight I learned a little more about how to simply follow and trust and not try to figure out what the cue means before acting (because that will only bring about back-leading, which is baaaad).

Kathryne/Katie/Kate/Kat/Katya/Katyenka/Kathy/Kitty/Kit/Trina/Tina/Nin/Katelyn/etc...

No comments: