Wednesday, September 28, 2011

run over

Yep. TODAY, I was run over by a bike.

It was probably the funniest thing that happened to me all day, aside from doing relatively okay on a midterm for which I had not exactly done much reading...

So I was power-walking to Chorale, because I was late. I caught up to one of the tenors on my way there, and we continued half-jogging together. As we neared the performing arts building (which is practically off-campus and a really annoying place to have practice), I hear someone approaching at a relatively fast speed (thought flash: bicycle?) yelling something I didn't understand (thought flash: is he saying "move"?). Instinctively, I move to the right side of the sidewalk where the other guy was also walking. Pass on the left, yes?

...uh, no. Turns out he WAS on a bicycle, he WAS going very fast, he WAS yelling the German word for "late," and he IS the secretary of Chorale (free excused absences? I think so...). And it's a really good thing I am a weather wimp and was wearing rain boots even though it was hardly drizzling. As it is, I just skinned my knee a little and think it's kind of hilarious DON'T FREAK OUT PLEASE MOM.

So after I had totally wiped out on the sidewalk he jumped off of his bike, tried to help me up and apologized about 50 jillion times. From the rest of Chorale's reaction I guess it's not every day the secretary runs over a freshman.

Also, I passed my swim test and now am stuck in... golf. Could my life get any funnier.

Kathryne

No comments: