Monday, July 5, 2010

home, sweet home

I am finally back. I will remain in the general area until August. thank goodness.

quote of the "since-I-last-posted"...
"Katie, look! It's like creme brulee... with mustard!"
-Kristen

alsooo, Middlemarch is a fabulous book. It is similar in structure and length to Anna Karenina, similar in subject matter to Pride & Prejudice, and similar in authorship to Jane Eyre.
And I admit that it is more to my taste than such wonderful works as the one I put down in order to pick this one up, The Silmarillion. Sorry, David & Colin.


Kathryne

PS- y'all know I like planning devious things... muahaha... you may or may not see it coming ;)

2 comments:

David said...

haha... I had forgotten exactly how depressing the Silmarillion is at times ...lol. I am reading Great expectations right now. It is prettyy good so far.

Katie said...

Well, I will be picking it back up... I just had to get several hundred pages of Middlemarch read for tomorrow. I'm finished now, so I shall resume tonight. It wasn't that bad.

I haven't read Great Expectations yet. I have to do that. eventually.