Wednesday, August 5, 2009

*sigh* 12-year-olds...

So, there's a 12-year-old girl who is staying with a family from my church for the summer (she's from Columbia). She knows like 10 words of English, but she is of the vibrant personality that she can communicate better than some American 12-year-olds!

Today, I found out that she got the role of the Enchantress in the play "Beauty and the Beast (Jr.)". She needed to borrow a "glitzy" dress... so, I lent her an old, floor-length, bright coral colored, very sparkly dress. Her face lit up like nothing I've ever seen when she caught a glimpse of that dress. She was... enthralled. And it was great for me to see, too =)

ANOTHER 12-year-old also made me smile today (and just happens to be my sister). She's being homeschooled this year, and she took her math placement test... which placed her in Algebra 1! Did I mention she's going into 7th grade? She has never been a math person, but this test would have her skip Pre-Algebra (like I did). It's great to have a little sister to follow in your footsteps.

Kathryne

No comments: