Saturday, August 8, 2009

I Could Have Danced All Night...

how 'bout a video? (I have this song pretty much memorized but I'm not about to sing it for y'all.)




So, basically, tonight was a SWING DANCE night. I <3>

Now, to pick a "smile moment"...

well, funnily enough, it's pretty much exactly the same thing that happened that got the Optimism Initiative started. It was another swing night, sometime in March, and I was just smiling so hard when I came home I couldn't NOT journal it.

So, tonight, I was told (straight up) that I was the BEST "follower" there. Meaning I read the leader well and don't backlead. and I'm good :)
Then, later, heard 2 guys discussing me and how good I am. It made me *blush* like seriously.
and no, this is not a roundabout way to brag, I promise.
But I was reading Gary Chapman's "The Five Love Languages" earlier today, and even though "Quality Time" is my "native language" (wow, that's a lot of quotes in one sentence... more to come...), "Words of Affirmation" are definitely high on the list.

Mark Twain once said, "I could live for two months off of a good compliment." Now, I'm not THAT self-sufficient, but it sure does put me on a high for a few hours. Especially the second comment.

When someone compliments you to your face, it can be hard to tell whether they're flattering you (or flirting with you, depending on the person). But when you overhear compliments about yourself (inverted gossip, I say) there's no fake to worry about. It's a wonderful thing and I wish it on everybody.

Kathryne

(ooh! bonus! found another guy who has a "misspelled" name... Nathanael. Oh. It's not underlined in red. So maybe not technically misspelled. ANDAND he has a friend who speaks Russian ANDAND he thought I was in college.)

No comments: