Thursday, July 28, 2011

getting stuff done

was in the 2s today... whole new world. While they require more constant attention, that attention is more along the lines of sheer willpower (can I out-stubborn a 2-year old? you'd better believe it) and less along the lines of cleverness and convincingness and ironing out drama in a way that makes everybody a winner. Also, they watch a Veggie Tales every day AND take a 2-hour nap! During that nap I read the last half of The Hobbit (which I had not read since 6th grade and found a rather nice break), researched my dorm and its orientation activities, ate half a bar of chocolate, checked my email, and began to decipher the cryptic graduation card from David/the rest of his family.

Feeling very accomplished but really wiped, when I finally got home from picking Kristen & Katie up and getting dinner (pizza) at 7, I uploaded and captioned my Russia pictures on Facebook and went through the suggested "bring this to college" list with my mom to see what I have/don't have. Now we are going to look through my wardrobe to see what goes to college and what goes in the trash. Judging by the fact that I have 3 pairs of (thrift store/handmedown) jeans, one pair of school khakis with holes in them, and practically no casual winter wardrobe... this could be fun? But it is something that has needed to happen for a loooong time and it will be good to get it out of the way.

Kathryne

No comments: