Sunday, July 17, 2011

CYMA Sunday

I do love CYMA Sunday. It was hard not to be IN it, but I'm okay.

And when I heard the kids were doing creative storytelling in replacement of the sermon, I was like, oh no, this ought to be a waste of a Sunday (just kidding, but only a little). However, to my great deligt, it actually was sort of a challenge to me. They presented the five senses as a kind of representation of gifts operator within the body of Christ. And the. We were to think, which am I? And certain statements in most of them, particularly the pieces on sight and smell, resonated with me. Things I can do, and might be even supposed to do, if you will, as according to what God has given me, are not always the things I DO. the things I practice and work in. Because in reality, yes, one or two gifts may be stronger in a person... Passion for the Word, compassion for others, serving, encouraging, discernment (I am getting these things all out of order and confused)... But if one person within the body of Christ were to focus oneself on a particular strength to the exclusion of all others, that person would be most likely misguided and impaired in the gift she does have. And identifying a few of the "senses" I do not often exercise makes me consider a more concerted effort thereto.

I'm tired and probably babbling.

Da svidania.

Kahryne

No comments: