Sunday, July 12, 2009

Once Upon a Time... the Beginning of the Optimism Initiative

Once upon a time, I was in a bad spot. It was cold, dreary weather and it had been for a long while. It was the middle of Lent, too, and I had given up the internet. I was not exactly depressed... maybe foggy would be a better word.
Anyways, one Friday night someone made a comment to me that, for some reason, just made me smile. I wrote it down in my journal and decided on a whim to record something, no matter how stupid, that made me smile, every day for the next 30 days.
I did, and I have to say my "experiment" was a success. I was much less "foggy" by the end. This wasn't just good for the people around me (since I stopped being so "glass-half-empty" and negative), but it's just more fun to be an optimist. I didn't continue it in my journal, because I wanted to use my journal for important stuff like whining and moping.
So here I am, a good 3 months later, starting up again... this time to share with y'all that are interested in the smiles of a high school girl with a misspelled name.

Kathryne

----------------------------------------------------

Today, my happy-moment was starting this blog. I promised myself WEEKS ago that I would, and meeting goals, even mundane ones, just makes me happy =)
Also, I ate two White Fudge Chunky Chips Ahoy cookies. Nothin like chocolate to uplift spirits, no?

No comments: