Monday, July 13, 2009

Good Day

Hello all!
today was a rather good day.
Lots of things made me smile...

1) I slept in til 11, yay!
2) I had my first day of drivers' ed. Megan is taking it with me, and to add to that, I showed up and saw another friend from church =)
3) This one takes some background...
My family is going on a mission trip to Africa this fall. We will be working at a children's home there. Needless to say, being in Africa, it was not going to be cheap to go... at all.
As a team (my family + 6 others), we decided to NOT fundraise the traditional way. We did NOT want to go by "you donate money and get ___ in return". We wanted everything to be free-will, so that others could experience God's blessing with us.
Now, a bit over 3 months after our first meeting, we covered the last $76 needed today! Even getting to just needing $76 so soon would have been a sure sign of God's favor. Now, "our cup runneth over", and we hope to be able to pass that on to the children at the home!

Kathryne

No comments: